Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

knockmesilly 

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  17:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

who hasn't had a review declined?

and sometimes you think, "this is good," but you find it relegated to the rejected pile, never to see the light of day.

now's your chance. let's have a looksee. put your favorite declined review right here.

raise it from the dead. let it walk the fwfr, a zombie review.

Downtown 
"Welcome back, Billy Buck"

The Hub of the Universe

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  17:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic of discussion is considered offensive to some and is therefore banned. I'd suggest you drop it.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  17:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alternatively, it's best to join in on one of the many previous threads of the same topic, so that the whole discussion of whether or not to have such a thread at least does not have to happen again.
Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

United Kingdom

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  17:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Although this kind of topic is mostly certainly not banned, it's not considered a wonderful idea and won't get a lot of support I guess. A lot of people bitching about their rejections isn't very edifying. It might be more entertaining than a Michael Winner film, but only marginally.

If you have a review which has been rejected and you don't know why, then by all means post that and other fourumites will try to think of reasons why it never made the grade.

We're here to help.

Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  19:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by knockmesilly

who hasn't had a review declined?

and sometimes you think, "this is good," but you find it relegated to the rejected pile, never to see the light of day.

now's your chance. let's have a looksee. put your favorite declined review right here.

raise it from the dead. let it walk the fwfr, a zombie review.

I notice he decided to start a thread but didn't give his own review that he felt the need to start this thread. Threads like this end up no good. Either they get Locked or they just die off. I think we are over complaining about declines. Thats why we celebrate approvals more.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  22:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silly, poke around in the archives and you'll see why this kind of thread tends to garner razzberries. But if you're really smarting over one particular decline, just post the review, and we'll try to sort it out. Sometimes this exercise produces an "a-HA!" which might make your future submissions bigger and better...
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  23:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't had a review declined, so I guess I can't post here.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  02:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any declined reviews that bother me. But, knockmesilly if you want to post one here for analysis then I'll hopefully help show why it got declined.
Go to Top of Page

Downtown 
"Welcome back, Billy Buck"

The Hub of the Universe

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  02:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MguyX

Right. I haven't either!
Go to Top of Page

Gentleman Ghost 
"Brevity: soul of wit."

United States

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  11:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Downtown

quote:
Originally posted by MguyX

Right. I haven't either!

Heh. Well, at least my accepted pile is finally bigger than my reject pile.
Go to Top of Page

duh 
"catpurrs"

See Fourum for details.

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  15:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Posting just to keep the thread going.
Go to Top of Page

Montgomery 
"F**k!"

USA

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  16:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by duh

Posting just to keep the thread going.

Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  17:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody have a good pecan pie recipe? I've had a couple that I found particularly memorable.

One was a combination sweet potato pie on the bottom and pecan pie on the top. Tasty beyond belief.

The other was a pecan pie with carob in it that I got at a health food restaurant maybe 20 years ago. Something about it was just damned good.

I've had a sticky, gooey one from a local coffee shop that's handily holding its own, but I guess I'm always on the look out.
Go to Top of Page

knockmesilly 

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  17:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

let me just start by saying mea culpa.

as a noob to the boards, and may i add, a lazy noob, i had no idea that suggesting the posting of declined reviews was such a controversial issue. truly, no harm was intended, and if i offended anyone with this thread please accept the humble apology of the village idiot.

perhaps an explanation of this thread's genesis and intent may shed some light on my thought process, or, as some may feel, my lack there of.

so i write a review of walk the line and come up with an homage, if you will, to yenser's brilliant review of saving private ryan: Brother gets own bedroom. so my review to walk the line goes: cash gets own bed. (since the lumber saw saw fit, pardon the lame pun, to dispense with johnny's bible reading brother). suffice it to say, it ends in the declined pile.

now my thought process was such-- some declined reviews are still pretty funny, wouldn't it be great to read some of them. in no way was i suggesting with the thread that reviewers post rants about how unfair it was that their review was declined. i even thought the inherent reason behind its rejection might add to the humour of reading it; hell, it might even serve as a teaching tool, i.e. reviewers might learn why reviews are declined by noting what didn't work. but alas, the road to fwfr hell is paved with good intentions.

so, if you will, pardon my offense. i may be the village idiot, but i'm not one to tout revolution.

as penance, i've cut both my hands off at the wrist and am now forced to type all my reviews with, well, let's just say i'm suffering the stiffest of penilties.

Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

United States

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  18:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silly, pick up your hands and sew them back on while there's still a chance of saving them!! I think in some cases, what is apparent to the writer and brilliant to the writer doesn't always translate when read out of context. The homage was a lovely thought. Perhaps part of the problem was that a) it didn't click in the MERPs head and/or 2) () it's not something in the film that really sticks out. I'd forgotten about that occurrence in Walk the Line and wouldn't have understood it without your explanation. Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

knockmesilly 

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  18:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Silly, pick up your hands and sew them back on while there's still a chance of saving them!!"

i like ur zen paradox: what is the experience of picking up your hands when u are handless.

would it be (c)rude of me to say my head hurts from typing?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000