Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  19:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I've just had some declined reviews [yeah, boo-fucking-hoo], but that's not it. I just wanted to share some of them with you, 'cause I can see why they don't meet the rules, but I still think they're worth a blink for you my new best friends.

Plus, I'd also love to see some of your favs given the thumbs-down by Benj and the MERPS [hey, wasn't that a group in the 60s]

Pearl Harbor - Film longer that WWII
Dune - Long trek to sea
All that Jazz - Death! The Musical!
Independence Day - Emmerich documentary justifies SDI

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  20:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

Okay, I've just had some declined reviews [yeah, boo-fucking-hoo], but that's not it. I just wanted to share some of them with you, 'cause I can see why they don't meet the rules, but I still think they're worth a blink for you my new best friends.

Plus, I'd also love to see some of your favs given the thumbs-down by Benj and the MERPS [hey, wasn't that a group in the 60s]

Dune - Long trek to sea

Right now my favourite decline was "Urine for strange behaviour" for The Madness of King George.

By the way, don't feel bad about getting reviews declined. Sometimes you just have to tweek a bit. For instance, my All That Jazz review was declined in four different versions until finally they accepted it - now its one of my highest voted reviews which I never submitted it to FYC!

By the way, I'm trying to get Waltz of the Toreadors added but every review I add the MERPs don't understand. Please help me!

Go to Top of Page

duh 
"catpurrs"

See Fourum for details.

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  20:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

When I take a look at my declined list, I think, "Wow, that really DID suck! Delete it, quick!"
Go to Top of Page

silly 
"That rabbit's DYNAMITE."

United States

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  21:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite decline (recently, that is, there have been so many) is:

Dallas (2007) "Please dear God no."

I'm saving it in my Decline pile to remind myself not to be such a smartass all the time.

Edited by - silly on 13/04/2006 21:08:06
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  21:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

quote:

Dune - Long trek to sea

Right now my favourite decline was "Urine for strange behaviour" for The Madness of King George.

By the way, don't feel bad about getting reviews declined. Sometimes you just have to tweek a bit. For instance, my All That Jazz review was declined in four different versions until finally they accepted it - now its one of my highest voted reviews which I never submitted it to FYC!

By the way, I'm trying to get Waltz of the Toreadors added but every review I add the MERPs don't understand. Please help me!

Hi Choc Lady!
That link just brings up a page not found, which could be your very strange sense of humor, but if not, I'd be happy to have a look.

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  21:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Choc Lady!
That link just brings up a page not found, which could be your very strange sense of humor, but if not, I'd be happy to have a look.

Try this one... http://www.fwfr.com/display.asp?ID=15103
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  22:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:

Hi Choc Lady!

Huh? I thought that review was declined*! Thanks. Oh, and Lemony has one up too - nice one, Lem!

Its a marvelous movie that's totally overlooked, by the way. Adapted from a play by Jean Anouilh!

(*Must be the matzah - backs up everything, including the brain.)

Edited by - ChocolateLady on 13/04/2006 22:23:35
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  22:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:

Hi Choc Lady!

See what a great guy you are

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  22:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

quote:

Dune - Long trek to sea

My vote is yours

Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 13/04/2006 :  23:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silly

I'm saving it in my Decline pile to remind myself not to be such a smartass all the time.

I agree with you, and I agree with the MERPs too!
Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

United Kingdom

Posted - 14/04/2006 :  00:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Funny you should mention Dallas, Silly. I was trying to get a review accepted for Debbie Does Dallas "Unsuitable for family Ewing" but it got rejected. Then I heard about Dallas and so switched it to that film and amended it to "Suitable for family Ewing" - which is accepted and currently on FYR.

Actually I think the "Unsuitable" review is funnier .

Babe, your Pearl Harbor review is an example of a (very) generic review - and its factually incorrect! The fact that its a good quip won't save it. You're gonna have to toughen up, and fast!

My favourite review which didn't make it was for King Of Comedy "You two stalkin' me?" which is slightly generic - I think there might be another couple of films where DeNiro is stalked by two people. And the top review for the film at that time was "You laughin' at me?" which is far more generic as it applies to any DeNiro comedy. Whoever said life was fair?

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 14/04/2006 :  01:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

quote:

Funny you should mention Dallas, Silly. I was trying to get a review accepted for Debbie Does Dallas "Unsuitable for family Ewing" but it got rejected. Then I heard about Dallas and so switched it to that film and amended it to "Suitable for family Ewing" - which is accepted and currently on FYR.

Actually I think the "Unsuitable" review is funnier .

Babe, your Pearl Harbor review is an example of a (very) generic review - and its factually incorrect! The fact that its a good quip won't save it. You're gonna have to toughen up, and fast!

My favourite review which didn't make it was for King Of Comedy "You two stalkin' me?" which is slightly generic - I think there might be another couple of films where DeNiro is stalked by two people. And the top review for the film at that time was "You laughin' at me?" which is far more generic as it applies to any DeNiro comedy. Whoever said life was fair?

Hi Whipper ... yeah, I know those reviews won't make it. I just still think they're funny. BTW I voted for your Dallas review HOURS ago!!

Go to Top of Page

MM0rkeleb 
"Better than HBO."

Palo Alto, CA

Posted - 14/04/2006 :  05:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My biggest source of declines are the ones that make references that are apparently too obscure. Say, for example, any reference to a line from Shakespeare less famous than 'To be or not to be.' A couple of my favorites that were recently shot down for the second (i.e., final) time:

If the legs ofFennd ... for Boxing Helena (it's a reference to the quote from the Bible that's saying a bunch of stuff like 'If the eye offends, pluck it out, if the foot offends, cut it off', etc.)

Catch-16 (ounces) for Ice Cold in Alex

Close encounters, deterred alkaline for *batteries Not Included

Granted, I was able to come up with alternatives which will hopefully please the MERPs more, but I liked these just fine.
Go to Top of Page

Falken 
"Intestinal Fourtitude."

Ottawa, Canada

Posted - 14/04/2006 :  06:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of my favourite declines...

Naked Fairy Tales - "Phallus in Wonderland."

Sex Lives Of Clowns - "Jack in the Box."

Falken
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 14/04/2006 :  07:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My vote is yours

You are TOO kind! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 14/04/2006 :  09:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Falken

A couple of my favourite declines...

Naked Fairy Tales - "Phallus in Wonderland."

That's a repeat, it's already on the page. Do a ctrl F find and you'll find it. Incidentally, I think it was given to Mr. Smithee as it's not correct, I think naked women do the fairy tales, not blokes, if I remember correctly.
quote:

Sex Lives Of Clowns - "Jack in the Box."

Nice, a ripoff of my A Few Good Men review. Not sure I get it though, does it have anything to do with clowns?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000