New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  12:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, trying to disguise a thinly veiled romantic comedy/drama with beautiful scenery is all well and good, but must we have all the soppy stuff that goes with it? Seriously, Roberts is better than this, if you ask me. Or maybe not. And the screenplay well... take this out of the nice settings and it is just boring. Granted, some bits make sense and go along nicely, but if you're spending a year traveling to "find yourself", what is all the timetable pressure she seems to be under? It isn't like a week or two more or less in one place or another is going to make any difference to anybody. The only thing I really enjoyed was her learning Italian. And mind you, learning how to read and order from a menu (most of which have some sort of English translation) isn't like she's reading Dante in the original. Actually, I was probably just jealous of her. If I ever wanted to undertake learning another language, Italian would be my first choice.

I guess if you want to see India and Bali without having to worry about the airfare and accommodations, this is a nice movie to watch. As for Italy, for those of us on this side of the big pond, it isn't such a big deal going there. Hell, I just spent four days there this weekend.

But this movie is for Americans, so even the Italian bit is "exotic" for them. Well, all I can say is: eat your hearts out (or pray you can get to Italy yourself) and if not, feel free to enjoy this bit of fluff. It isn't the worst way to pass 130 minutes, but it also isn't the best.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000