Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  14:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks,

Me (and hopefully benj -- I have an e-mail and phone call out to him right now to see if he is available) are scheduled to be on CBC Radio's Ontario Today, a call-in program talking about FWFR this Wednesday (Dec. 10) from noon to 1 p.m. (That date isn't 100% confirmed yet)

It's a popular show heard all across the province. Here's a link:
http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/

The producer was telling me they are going to ask callers to phone in with their own four-word reviews.
So I thought it would be great if we could get some fwiffers to phone in and give their reviews.

Here is the phone number (but I'm not sure if it works outside of Ontario) 1.888.817.8995
Anyone can listen to the show live on the website and there is also a section to download a podcast -- so if you are reading this message after Dec. 10, you can still hear how things went on air.

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  16:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yukon

Hi folks,

Me (and hopefully benj -- I have an e-mail and phone call out to him right now to see if he is available) are scheduled to be on CBC Radio's Ontario Today, a call-in program talking about FWFR this Wednesday (Dec. 10) from noon to 1 p.m. (That date isn't 100% confirmed yet)

It's a popular show heard all across the province. Here's a link:
http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/

The producer was telling me they are going to ask callers to phone in with their own four-word reviews.
So I thought it would be great if we could get some fwiffers to phone in and give their reviews.

Here is the phone number (but I'm not sure if it works outside of Ontario) 1.888.817.8995
Anyone can listen to the show live on the website and there is also a section to download a podcast -- so if you are reading this message after Dec. 10, you can still hear how things went on air.

Yukie, this is fantastic news! Really well done, and let's hope Canada joins the game

Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  23:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news. I'll be listening.
Go to Top of Page

AC 
"Returning FWFR Old-Timer"

Canada

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  00:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Despite a personal email from Yukon (there's no e in Toby, dude) and this message in fourum, I completely missed the interview because I was unpacking boxes at our new place. Anyone record it? Hope it went well, and sorry I didn't get to call in, although your suggestion that I read out some of my own reviews might have been disconcertingly dull ("Character does appropriate action" = accolades!)
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  05:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AC

Despite a personal email from Yukon (there's no e in Toby, dude) and this message in fourum, I completely missed the interview because I was unpacking boxes at our new place. Anyone record it? Hope it went well, and sorry I didn't get to call in, although your suggestion that I read out some of my own reviews might have been disconcertingly dull ("Character does appropriate action" = accolades!)

The last time I checked Dec. 10 hadn't happened.
Go to Top of Page

AC 
"Returning FWFR Old-Timer"

Canada

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  13:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh criminy. Good thing too, I would have spent the whole hour yesterday waiting with frustration for a segment that wasn't due for another week. Whoops.
Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  15:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just heard from Benj and he's agreed to be on.

As long as the producer can track him down -- sometimes getting in touch with Benj is like trying to find Julian Assange :) -- we should both be on the air on Wednesday.

Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  20:57:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

quote:
Originally posted by AC

The last time I checked Dec. 10 is a Friday not a Wednesday.
So which is it Yukon?

Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  01:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefoxboy

quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

quote:
Originally posted by AC

The last time I checked Dec. 10 is a Friday not a Wednesday.
So which is it Yukon?

Crap -- it was today -- Dec. 8.

The bad news is they didn't interview Benj. The producer was too busy and didn't have time to call him and do a pre-interview.

But the good news is the interview went great -- except for some bad technical problems.
It was a 30-minute segment. People called in and I would read them a review and they'd guess the film, or I'd name a movie and they'd come up with a review.
The segment really showcased the website and book.
The radio show is very popular and heard all across Ontario. It had a big impact on sales. On Amazon.ca, we jumped up to 3,500th in terms of sales rank (our highest rank ever) and there was only one copy left.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000