Page: of 5

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali

Spoiler Alert:

Yeah, that is actually a spoiler, ya know.

I'm afraid that bife already has "Based on Troy story".
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

Van Gogh: - Sludge got the same review for another film much before I did but I got it independently and hence have not reported my review. For the record, I voted for Sludge's review.

One cannot (other than pointlessly) report duplicates across different films anyway. But does an identical review on a film of the same subject matter really add anything to the site? Really?
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

Jews and Muslims on the same page!

Stand Up: in the UK that thing you speak into is called a mic, but in the US it's spelled mike.

Sex and violins
No sex and violins

I didn't realise there was a national difference on that spelling. I'm with the Americans on this one. I've always found that mic spelling to just be stupid.
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randall

Here's Randall's List #399.

Great Reach for the Sky one.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

quote:

Jews and Muslims on the same page!

Stand Up: in the UK that thing you speak into is called a mic, but in the US it's spelled mike.

Sex and violins
No sex and violins

I didn't realise there was a national difference on that spelling. I'm with the Americans on this one. I've always found that mic spelling to just be stupid.

Well, I sure didn't know about the others, but I contend MY "Bergman: sex and violins" is actually spot on for the film, whereas violins are not exactly featured in The First Nudie Musical. So put that in your pipe and smoke it! [viz another thread on this lively and vibrant 4UM]

Go to Top of Page

rabid kazook 
"Pushing the antelope"

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And one season after...

Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"Larry's time / sat merrily"

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted to here. Lotsa' good stuff this time. I'll change all that. Here's mine.
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, I sure didn't know about the others, but I contend MY "Bergman: sex and violins" is actually spot on for the film, whereas violins are not exactly featured in The First Nudie Musical.

Yep, you may well be right, hence my just noting the others.
Go to Top of Page

Ali 
"Those aren't pillows."

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

quote:
Originally posted by Ali

Spoiler Alert:

Yeah, that is actually a spoiler, ya know.

I'm afraid that bife already has "Based on Troy story".

You know me and spoilers. If a film has become so ingrained in the zeitgeist as The Sixth Sense obviously has, then worrying about spoiling the film for the uninformed few is prudish and silly. I wouldn't go out of my way to spoil a film, but I wouldn't worry about spoiling a film that's been out for years, either.

Interesting that bife has a similar review. I maintain my pun has a different basis (I had not seen his review before, either), and will keep it. Besides, my sense of decorum on the site has dimmed somewhat in the recent months, and where I would have previously felt slightly bad (and eventually deleted the review), I now feel comfortably numb.

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  12:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali

I now feel comfortably numb.

Yeah ... that would be all that right-hand action

Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  12:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali

Interesting that bife has a similar review. I maintain my pun has a different basis

Yes, actually you're right. The only thing niggling me is that I was expecting to find "Troy Story", so I wonder whether it may have been rejected (wrongly, it turns out) as too similar to bife's. I normally have a good memory for reviews.

There's also this rather strange one.

On the spoiler, surely you did go out of your way -- unless the words typed themselves.

Edited by - Salopian on 04/24/2008 12:27:47
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  12:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are these my glasses?
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  12:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali

You know me and spoilers. If a film has become so ingrained in the zeitgeist as The Sixth Sense obviously has, then worrying about spoiling the film for the uninformed few is prudish and silly. I wouldn't go out of my way to spoil a film, but I wouldn't worry about spoiling a film that's been out for years, either.

Interesting that bife has a similar review. I maintain my pun has a different basis (I had not seen his review before, either), and will keep it. Besides, my sense of decorum on the site has dimmed somewhat in the recent months, and where I would have previously felt slightly bad (and eventually deleted the review), I now feel comfortably numb.

Spoiler Police are right next to political correctness in my worldview, but I think you went too far here by making the spoiler fairly unavoidable -- what with the huge typeface, it was only barely possible not to read it. I think you can even spoil something as "well-known" as PSYCHO for some movie fans. But the uninitiated should have a fair chance at passing the spoiler by. IMHO, you did go out of your way to spoil THE SIXTH SENSE.
Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  12:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daniel Day Lewis stars in The Boxer.

Edited by - Yukon on 04/25/2008 22:00:18
Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  13:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randall

quote:
Originally posted by Ali

Spoiler Police are right next to political correctness in my worldview, but I think you went too far here by making the spoiler fairly unavoidable -- what with the huge typeface, it was only barely possible not to read it. I think you can even spoil something as "well-known" as PSYCHO for some movie fans. But the uninitiated should have a fair chance at passing the spoiler by. IMHO, you did go out of your way to spoil THE SIXTH SENSE.

Sorry Randall, Ali went out his his way to make people laugh. I laughed out loud* when I saw it. The huge typeface makes it funnier.
This is a site for movie fans so I'm sure everyone in the Fourum knows the ending of The Sixth Sense.

Thanks for a good laugh, Ali.

*Notice I didn't write LOL. I'm old skool when it comes to writing on the 'Net.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000