Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  22:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I often see some great reviews on the front page and on movies that I'm looking up, and I think it would be good to have a constant thread of great reviews we see. :) Here's one I just saw that I loved...

Redpen's Witness review "Han Silo"
http://fwfr.com/display.asp?sort=4&id=9697&Mode=reviewer&Rows=100&Start=1&do=

chazbo 
"Outta This Fuckin' Place"

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  23:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea, Tori!

I just submitted a review for A Fistful of Dollars, and I thought Sludge's underrated entry was quite funny.

Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  00:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

In response to Tori's request, I have decided to make my reviews available on a 24/7 basis from now on, so just click here to see my latest wonderful reviews!

Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  15:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chazbo

Sludge's underrated entry

Yeah, I don't get it. Does someone criticise a horse when they shouldn't or something?
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  16:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's one.
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  16:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

And here's another
Go to Top of Page

chazbo 
"Outta This Fuckin' Place"

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  17:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

quote:
Originally posted by chazbo

Sludge's underrated entry

Yeah, I don't get it. Does someone criticise a horse when they shouldn't or something?

I haven't seen the film in a couple of years, but if I remember correctly some of the men disparage Eastwood's horse, and he wants them to apologize to it. They don't, and naturally a gunfight ensues.

Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  22:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

In response to Tori's request, I have decided to make my reviews available on a 24/7 basis from now on, so just click here to see my latest wonderful reviews!

OK, but that's a little obvious. A LOT obvious. Sensei [that would be lemmy] taught me many of the ancient skills of vote fu long ago; others he reserved for himself and for Batman, whom I guess must be on this site somewhere in a secret identity. You young whippersnappers are reducing the vote fu art to nothingness. But those who truly want to know can learn in others' hands.

I bow once again, Sensei. Your fu skills are strong.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  01:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randall

quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

OK, but that's a little obvious. A LOT obvious. Sensei [that would be lemmy] taught me many of the ancient skills of vote fu long ago; others he reserved for himself and for Batman, whom I guess must be on this site somewhere in a secret identity. You young whippersnappers are reducing the vote fu art to nothingness. But those who truly want to know can learn in others' hands.

I bow once again, Sensei. Your fu skills are strong.

Grasshopper, I was merely Shaolin you the way to vote enlightenment.
Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  01:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This humble and most unworthy pupil bows to his venerable and learned Masters.
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  01:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow: you guys are very adept at marshalling just the reviews you want to appear in your "best of" groups. Can you show me how to do it too? For me to fully understand it, I need to see the web address and search criteria information that appears in the address bar. So would one or two of you go to my reviews pages and run the search or selection criteria, highlight the web address bar information and copy it, then paste it in a reply to this post?

And just so I don't screw it up, would you also kind of look through the reviews to see that they generally fit within the selection criteria? That way I can learn to do it independently.

Thanks you guys!

Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  20:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, sorry, didn't get it. Nice.

Edited by - Salopian on 04/12/2008 20:16:12
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  20:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(Shhh! You are disturbing the chi of my vote-jitsu.)
Go to Top of Page

Canklefish 
"Let's Get OUTTA Here!"

United States

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  06:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tori, nice post. I don't think the front page on this site garners the attention it deserves. I try to hit it every time I log in...

Here's a review that's been 'touched' 4 times without any 'pimping.' I'm personally very proud of it, since it came to me at work and managed to not be taken when I got home(One of the few times I was relieved to not see a noncentz post, as I've counted 4 reviews preempted by the 'Great One').

Fe is the chemical symbol for Iron... It's done pretty well, considering the lack of promotion to this point, but I've been studying pimping techniques employed by the esteemed participants of Fourum.

I would gladly post those reviews by others that grab my attention, but I don't know how to isolate other reviewers' individual posts. Any help in this endeavor would be much appreciated...

Edited by - Canklefish on 04/13/2008 08:30:34
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  18:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CankleFetish

I would gladly post those reviews by others that grab my attention, but I don't know how to isolate other reviewers' individual posts. Any help in this endeavor would be much appreciated...

Others have mentioned others' reviews in this thread without isolating them, so it's not a requirement.

Go to the reviewer's or film's page (whichever has fewer reviews, for convenience). Put the reviews in chronological (not antichronological) order. Adjust the two numbers at the end so that 'Start' equals the ordinal number of the review and 'Rows' equals 1. Alternatively, you can select 'My reviews only' on a film's page and then change the I.D. number from yours to that of the reviewer in question.
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  18:40:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian
Others have mentioned others' reviews in this thread without isolating them, so it's not a requirement.

Go to the reviewer's or film's page (whichever has fewer reviews, for convenience). Put the reviews in chronological (not antichronological) order. Adjust the two numbers at the end so that 'Start' equals the ordinal number of the review and 'Rows' equals 1. Alternatively, you can select 'My reviews only' on a film's page and then change the I.D. number from yours to that of the reviewer in question.

The idea of changing the ID number is simple to do, yet pretty brilliant. Thanks, Sal!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000