Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  13:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BOBBY: I'd like a plain omelet. No potatoes, tomatoes instead. A cup of coffee and wheat toast.

WAITRESS: No substitutions.

BOBBY: What do you mean? You don't have any tomatoes?

WAITRESS: Only what's on the menu. You can have a number two � a plain omelet. It comes with cottage fries, and rolls.

BOBBY: Yea, I know what it comes with, but it's not what I want.

WAITRESS: Well I'll come back when you make up your mind.

BOBBY: Wait a minute, I have made up my mind. I'd like a plain omelet, no potatoes on the plate. A cup of coffee and a side order of wheat toast.

WAITRESS: I'm sorry, we don't have any side orders of toast. I'll give you a English muffin or a coffee roll.

BOBBY: What do you mean "you don't make side orders of toast"? You make sandwiches, don't you?

WAITRESS: Would you like to talk to the manager?

BOBBY: You've got bread. And a toaster of some kind?

WAITRESS: I don't make the rules.

BOBBY: OK, I'll make it as easy for you as I can. I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

WAITRESS: A number two, chicken sal san. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?

BOBBY: Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

WAITRESS: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?

BOBBY: I want you to hold it between your knees! (Bobby knocks everything off the table)
Go to Top of Page

MM0rkeleb 
"Better than HBO."

Palo Alto, CA

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  14:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roughly 100 approvals ago.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  15:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali

On and on and on...

Your review for I was a Jewish Sex Worker is wonderful. Unfortunately, I'm afraid few people will know just how funny it is - what with Yiddish being essentially a dead language. Still, I hope it gets lots more votes!

(But for those who want to know: its a pun on the phrase "Hock mier en chinik" or "hocking a chinik" which literally translated means "bang on my teakettle", but is a phrase that means to go on and on and on about something (as his link states) in the "beating a dead horse" type of fashion.)

(Got everyone up till here.)
Go to Top of Page

chazbo 
"Outta This Fuckin' Place"

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  17:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be well, vote, attain enlightenment.

One Noble Truth:

In The Funeral, one Tempio brother is gunned down, angering the other two. So much suffering...

Edited by - chazbo on 10/01/2007 17:27:11
Go to Top of Page

turrell 
"Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh "

Little Rock

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  17:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Green eggs and lambert, devito had too many lemocellos, south of border pulp, imagine me and Hugh, Jean therapy (*new*).

Edited by - turrell on 10/01/2007 17:28:27
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  01:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Five new reviews for four new films.

Please note: there is language in my "Atonement" review which could possibly be offensive to some fwiffers. It directly references the content of a letter mistakenly delivered, as well as passing judgement on the deliverer.

Also "A Mighty Heart" is the story of Mariane Pearl wife of a journalist beheaded by terrorists in Pakistan.
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  04:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Vote in my general direction!

Notes:
Joseph Cotten plays the Reverend Doctor at the beginning of "Heaven's Gate"
John Lithgow reprises William Shatner's classic role in "Twilight Zone: The Movie"
At the beginning of "Gattaca" the narrator says "I was conceived in the Riviera . . . the Detroit variety" (meaning the Buick Riviera)
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  04:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thefoxboy's FYC#340
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  05:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Also "A Mighty Heart" is the story of Mariane Pearl wife of a journalist beheaded by terrorists in Pakistan.
That's so sick I wish I could vote for it twice!
Go to Top of Page

Ali 
"Those aren't pillows."

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  07:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

quote:
Originally posted by Ali

On and on and on...

Your review for I was a Jewish Sex Worker is wonderful. Unfortunately, I'm afraid few people will know just how funny it is - what with Yiddish being essentially a dead language. Still, I hope it gets lots more votes!

(But for those who want to know: its a pun on the phrase "Hock mier en chinik" or "hocking a chinik" which literally translated means "bang on my teakettle", but is a phrase that means to go on and on and on about something (as his link states) in the "beating a dead horse" type of fashion.)

(Got everyone up till here.)

Thank you, Chocy!

I have another one that you might like - unfortunately it's been declined once, and I am waiting for benj to take a look at it again.
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  10:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Please note: there is language in my "Atonement" review which could possibly be offensive to some fwiffers. It directly references the content of a letter mistakenly delivered, as well as passing judgement on the deliverer.

Even though you didn't enjoy the film, I hope you thought that the typewriter scene was very well done!
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  12:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess so. It was certainly fun watching sections of the audience squirming at the enormous swear word being repeatedly thrust at them having presumably popped out to see something literary, romantic and tragic in the same vein as Titanic.
The persistent "typewriter" soundtrack schtick made me think of cheesy American B&W movies though, usually set in a newspaper office.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  13:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The persistent "typewriter" soundtrack schtick made me think of cheesy American B&W movies though, usually set in a newspaper office.

Yeah - but given the gloopy ending I thought retrospectively it made some kind of sense.

Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

United Kingdom

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  13:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Gloopy?
Go to Top of Page

Canklefish 
"Let's Get OUTTA Here!"

United States

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  15:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Currently making the rounds...