New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Airbolt 
"teil mann, teil maschine"

somewhere

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  12:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just had about five reviews " de-added" as they are " not films ". Is there some kind of sweep going on? Why weren't they rejected earlier ie before reviewers can review them?

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  13:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it can be frustrating, especially when the film is wrongly removed and one then has to use up some of one's quota resubmitting the reviews. See here.

Go to Top of Page

Wheelz 
"FWFR%u2019ing like it%u2019s 1999"

United States

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  20:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I fully support the effort to remove non-films from a film review website... but darn it, I just lost one of my favorite reviews!

Ah well, maybe I can find someplace else for it...
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  20:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I support it too but I'd rather it were done in a methodical way, i.e. those things least like films removed first. For example, I'd say that a T.V. 'best of' countdown is much less good a candidate for film status than a T.V. documentary.
Go to Top of Page

[matt] 
"Cinemattic."

United Kingdom

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  00:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This sucks, I've lost a few high-voted reviews in the last few days.

I'm actually beginning to dread going onto my page.

Surely the idea should be to find a better way of screening which films get added?

It seems unfair that people should lose reviews like this.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  01:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it's a difficult balancing act - when Benj opened up the capability for users to add films it was definitely a blessing, particularly as we didn't have to wait for a MERP to get round to approving the inclusion. That interactivity and personal investment for regular users of the site was a huge improvement. The down side of course was that anyone could add any old shit they felt like which was inevitably filling up site with pointless and often inappropriate titles. It's a shame we're losing reviews now - I lost a highly voted one this evening - but all in all I don't blame Benj. I was glad of the opportunity to add films quickly and cut down that extra work for the MERPs so they could concentrate on clearing the review backlog. My only concern now is how fervent and fastidious the cull might become as some borderline cases probably have a strong argument for remaining, not least because of quality reviews attached to some of them that are a benefit to the site. It would be very useful if at some point Benj could lay down a few guidelines as to what the overall plan is in regards to what can stay, what must go and what is under debate. It'll certainly take some of that sting away from losing votes. I'm now in the process of thinking of replacement films for my homeless reviews...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000